Welcome to TrueNTH, an international network of representatives, clinicians, academics, Participants and organizations from across the UK, Canada, Australia and the USA. Like you, we are all fuelled by a shared belief that men deserve better. As a crucial player in this partnership, you’ll be the driving force in bringing constructive changes in care for men with prostate disease.
Furthermore, you’ll be able to share your work and findings with your peers in this network and learn from others working to improve outcomes for men around the world. To ensure maximum recognition for the programme and to help guarantee we’re all speaking about TrueNTH with one voice, we’ve put together some information for you in this document.
1. The Parties acknowledge that this end-user agreement is concluded between TrueNTHand the End-User only, and not with the technology provider of the TrueNTH Platform, and the Clinic, is solely responsible for the use of the TrueNTH Platform.
2. The TrueNTH Platform is not intended for medical use, for medical case management, or for diagnosis, treatment or cure. End-User acknowledges that TrueNTH Platform does not provide medical diagnosis or treatment. The TrueNTH Platform should not be considered a medical device or a replacement or substitute for the standard practices, professional judgment, skill and expertise of the health professional using them, but as a computer aid for the health professional. End-user must always seek the advice of its physician or other qualified health provider with any questions End-User may have regarding a medical condition, diet, fitness or wellness program. End-User must never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information End-User accessed on or through TrueNTH Platform.
3. The End-User acknowledges it may not have access to the End-User’s complete medical record, and therefore it may not always be accurate or up-to-date and should be viewed by it as informational only. The TrueNTH Platform is not intended to be the personal health record of the End-User.
4. End-User acknowledges and agrees that:
(a) TrueNTH Platform may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (i) equipment malfunctions; (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which PCC/NEXJ may undertake from time to time; or (iii) causes beyond the control of PCC/NEXJ or which are not reasonably foreseeable by PCC/NEXJ, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, including delays or failures due to End-User’s Internet service provider, hostile network attacks, network congestion or other failures.
(b) it shall: (i) not, nor shall it permit or assist others, to use the TrueNTH Platform for any purpose other than that for which they are intended and designed; (ii) not alter, tamper with or attempt to repair the TrueNTH Platform; and (iii) not be entitled to resell the TrueNTH Platform.
(c) It will keep the password confidential and, that such password shall be changed regularly.
(d) It Consents that the platform’s administrator, at the administrators discretion, may review End-User Data for the purpose of identifying End-Users that may benefit from notifications.
(e) TrueNTH may review End-User Data and send notifications to the End-User via the TrueNTH Platform resulting from the review of that data.
(f) TrueNTH may use End-User email address to notify End-User that a new notification is available for consultation in the TrueNTH Platform.
5. In using the TrueNTH Platform, End-User will not violate the terms and conditions set forth herein, which includes without limitation, that:
(a) End-User will not (or authorize or permit any other party to): use the TrueNTH Platform to perform any activity that violates any applicable laws and/or , if applicable, use the TrueNTH Platform to transmit or send any inappropriate (including pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or gratuitous violence), improper, excessive, threatening or obscene material or to otherwise harass, offend, threaten, embarrass, distress or invade the privacy of any individual or entity;
(b) engage in any activity that could compromise the security of or disrupt or interfere with the TrueNTH Platform or any network or computers on the Internet or disrupt or interfere with the services of any third party;
(c) invade anyone's privacy by any means including but not limited to, by (i) misrepresenting the source of anything End-User may post, including impersonation of another individual or entity; (ii) attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without their foreknowledge and willing consent;
(d) knowingly provide false or misleading information;
(e) circumvent, decrypt or bypass any technology that is used to protect the TrueNTH Platform;
(f) perform any activity that would harm or disrupt another user's computer or would allow others to illegally access software or bypass security on Web sites, or servers, including but not limited to spamming; resell, rent or redistribute the TrueNTH Platform; and
(g) disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer any software included and/or use in TrueNTH Platform, except and only to the extent that the law expressly permits this activity.
6. End-User is solely responsible for all activities that take place with End-User sign-in credentials (user name and password) and End-User is responsible to ensure that End-User and only End-User uses the TrueNTH Platform Account. End-User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of End-User credentials and is similarly responsible for all uses of the TrueNTH Platform Account with such credentials whether or not such uses are actually authorized by End-User. End-User must immediately notify TrueNTH if the security of TrueNTH Platform Account has been compromised.
7. The TrueNTH Platform is provided on an "as is" basis, and End-User’s use of the TrueNTH Platform is at its own risk. TrueNTH makes no other warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose and any warranties arising from course of dealing, usage or trade practice. TrueNTH does not warrant that TrueNTH Platform will meet the requirements of the End-User or that they will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure.
8. In no event shall TrueNTH or its technology suppliers or their officers, employees, or affiliates be liable, whether in contract or tort, for (i) special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages (ii) loss of data or profit or business interruption, arising out of or related to this agreement, even if TrueNTH has been advised of the possibility of such damages; and (ii) any damages, losses or injuries to the End-User, or those claiming through the End-User, under any other claim or theory of action whatsoever arising out of or related to this agreement, in an aggregate amount exceeding the fees paid to TrueNTH by such End-User. The Parties acknowledge that TrueNTH is solely responsible for addressing any claims of the End-User or any third party relating to the TrueNTH Platform, including, but not limited to: (i) medical liability claims; (iii) any claim that the TrueNTH Platform fails to conform to any Applicable Laws, including claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
9. The End-User understands and agrees that by using the TrueNTH Platform they agree to be included in the participant registry. End-Users on the TrueNTH Participant registry may be contacted by PCC directly in connection with its other health products and services.
The Vision for TrueNTH
TrueNTH is driven by a shared vision of Prostate Cancer Canada and Movember, to get a better deal for men. As a health professional, you know better than anyone that the experience men have at each stage will not only affect their immediate outcomes, but impact their quality of life in the long term.
We know that making the right choice about treatment, the care given after surgery and efforts taken to improve general wellbeing, are hugely important factors for men with prostate cancer. This is why we’re investing in these service improvement projects, taking place across the country; to discover how we can drive a step change in outcomes for men and their families; and to enable us to lead the way in spreading best practice across the country.